Services for ACD Distance Students
The Adelaide Theological Online Library never closes, so you can access e-books and journal articles when it’s convenient for you. There are a many ways for you to find online resources.
The ATL subscribes to over 4,000 eBooks via two main collections. Books are easy to find, can be read online or downloaded offline. If you know the name of the book you can search for it via the Findit@Flinders Catalogue or search via the links below.
NB To access electronic resources you will be required to ‘authenticate’ using
- your ACD student number (eg ACD12345) and leave the password blank.
Other ways of finding articles are:
- via the FindIt@Flinders catalogue. Even though you will find many articles on the Flinders Catalogue, unless you are a Flinders student you won’t be able to open them. Remember you will only be able to open those that are have the message “Access only available to Theology students and Adelaide Theological Library patrons.”
- Google Scholar Searches across many disciplines and sources for scholarly literature including articles, theses, books and abstracts.
- For more information – see our sections on Databases and Journals
The ATL is affiliated with the Flinders University Library and its catalogue is integrated with their catalogue.
- To search for items, click on FindIt@Flinders.
- To find books only held in the ATL Library, select Adelaide Theological Library on the right hand side to limit your results.
- For more information – see our section on Finding Books
Once you’ve found books the Library comes to you
The ATL offer a postal service for students living outside the Adelaide metropolitan area.
We are happy to send you items from the ATL Compactus and Main Collections. The loan period for distance students is the same as other students See our section on Borrowing from the ATL.
- The ATL will pay for the item(s) to be sent to you. We just ask that you pay for the return postage. Requests can be made by emailing library staff or phone (08) 8416 8416.
- Books and articles not held by the Adelaide Theological Library or the Flinders University Libraries may be obtained from other libraries at a cost. For ACD patrons the Document Delivery services will be charged at the standard rate (generally $16.50 per item).
Why not book a personalised Training session with an ATL Librarian? We are always happy to help our students with their studies. You can send us an email or phone us on (08) 8416 8416.
Need Writing or Referencing Help?
- Refer to the ACD Assignment Guidelines for information on writing assignments, research skills and referencing.
- Contact Dr Kevin Sarlow at email@example.com. Dr Sarlow visits the ATL every Wednesday afternoon and is happy to contact distance students via Zoom or Skype.
- If you are a Flinders University Student, contact the Student Learning Centre
Flinders University Students
SendIt – Off Campus Library Service provides support to Flinders University students who are; studying fully online or fully externally, who are on placement or who live outside of the Adelaide metropolitan area. For more information please contact the SendIt – Off Campus Library Service directly.