The library offers specific services to assist postgraduate students with their research needs. Also, the library has an allocated study space for our postgraduate students near the library.
APPOINTMENTS WITH LIBRARY STAFF
Postgraduate students are encouraged to make an appointment with one of the librarians at ATL. The appointment will cover an overview of library services we offer to postgraduates. This includes assistance with a literature search on the thesis topic and access to other library collections which may be important in the research area. For library appointments please contact us on 8416 8416 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
USEFUL ATL BOOKS ON RESEARCH, STUDY AND WRITING
For a selection of books available in the ATL on Research, Study and Writing Skills, please click
ADELAIDE COLLEGE OF DIVINITY (ACD) STUDENT THESES
- Enhanced faith learning in parishes, J Littleton
- Exploring the art of welcome-to-belonging : searching for the nod from church and community, Liellie McLaughlin (Annelie)
- How are church op shops missional, Rebecca Jane Purling
- The influence of church music on discipleship in multicultural congregations of the Uniting Church of Australia, Somporn Branjerdporn
- A qualitative study healing narratives from Healinglife Church Adelaide, B Manuel
- The return story, M Aldridge
- A spirituality for transition grief, Rachael Litchfield
- Sustainability of fresh expressions of church – leadership discipleship evangelism and finances, R Bond
- Walk unafraid. Understanding sexual abuse, T Hein
- Work and Worship: leading the church, L Graham
SUGGEST TITLES TO ADD TO OUR COLLECTION
You are welcome to contact us to purchase a resource relevant to your research topic which the library doesn’t hold.
MANAGE YOUR RESEARCH DATA
You may like to consult with a Librarian who specializes in research data management. Click here for more information on research data management services.
KEEPING UP TO DATE
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to keep up to date with the latest in your research field.
Some theology alerts are available through FindIt@Flinders and EBSCO databases. They can be used to:
- Alert you of new results from your saved searches (Search Alert)
- Send you the table of contents for new journal issues (Table of Contents Alert)
- Inform you when an individual work is cited (Article Citation Alert)
- Let you know when a researcher publishes further works (Author Alert)
For more information view the Flinders Library “Keeping Up to Date” Search Smart Guide.
The ATL offers a postal service for postgraduate students living outside the Adelaide metropolitan area.
We are happy to send you items from the ATL Distance, Compactus and Main Collections. The ATL will pay for the item(s) to be sent to you. We just ask that you pay for the return postage if you are and ACD patron. Requests can be made by contacting the library. If you are a Flinders patron, you can register with SendIT.
Books and articles not held by the Adelaide Theological Library or the Flinders University Libraries may be obtained from other libraries at a cost. For ACD patrons the Document Delivery services will be charged at the standard rate (generally $16.50 per item). For Flinders patrons, you can register with Document Delivery services to request items for free.